CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Asya or Aja

In my recent job search I employed the help of an employment agency. When I call in to this agency I have to denote which "Asia" I am. I am Asya, with a "y" not with a "j". Growing up I never had this problem and many times my name is what made me memorable, sadly. After 31 years I am no longer unique. I am just another "Asia" in the system. I guess I need to find a new way to be unique and memorable.

My job search is slow moving but I hope that means my next job will be the best ever! Today I am onto round #3 of interviews with a company in Westlake Village. The first was good and the second was intense with lots of tests. Round #3 I will meet with select team members I would be working with at this position. I also received notice my application was accepted by County of Ventura and they would like me to come in for a 2.5 hour written exam on the 20th. Fingers crossed I am employed by October.

0 Fabulous Comments: