CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bag It!

Last night I stopped off at Ralph's, a local grocery store, for some provisions. As with most grocery stores they employee special people. This Ralph's boasts the most special person ever. We will call him Mr. Special. I have prior experience with Mr. Special and try to avoid him at all costs. There was the time he tried to impress me with his singing range while waiting in line at the deli. Another time, at the same deli line but a different day, Mr. Special didn't adhere to the personal space rule. He was so close to me he could have read the numbers on my drivers license in my wallet. Last night was no exception and Mr. Special proved himself to be special again.

When choosing a check-out line I specifically looked for the one Mr. Special was not bagging for. Karma bit me in the butt because by the time it was my turn at the register Mr. Special was bagging for my line. I bit my tongue and stuck out my chin even after Mr. Special yelled out, for all to hear, "Gawd, change this song. This person has no talent"!!!! Everyone within a 50 foot radius heard him but we all ignored him. I was still biting my tongue and could taste blood. OK, not really but you get the idea. As my purchased items made their way down the conveyor belt to Mr. Special I knew my patience was about to be put to the test.

Mr. Special (Holding the green tea mints I had just purchased): Are these good?
Me (Biting tongue): I don't know. First time trying them.
Mr. Special: Do you mind if I try one?
Me (Total look of annoyance and astonishment): Yes, I do mind. Just put them in the bag!
Mr. Special: Oh, OK. I just like everything with green tea in it. Green tea beverages, green tea candy, green tea gum ...
I was stunned Mr. Special had the nerve to ask if he can try the mints I had just purchased. Does he ask other customers if he can try their cookies?!?! People never cease to amaze me.

1 Fabulous Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, sometimes 'The Specials' need to be in the back stocking or somethin'..... :)